View Single Post
Old September 13th 20, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Seeyou mobile, Skysight, Oudie and WinPilot comments

On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 6:22:37 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Ok.
Thats alot of stuff in one title.
I was at a camp in Salida last week and fellow Soaring pilot Doug Levy encouraged me to load up the Skysight weather on my Oudie everyday. I was using the convergence and winds aloft features. I was really impressed! While not perfect everyday it was/ is dang close. Well worth the 10 minutes it takes to load. We had a fast internet connection at the airport and it worked great, never glitched out once. I'll be doing this every flight in the future.

Another topic of discussion came up and it centered around " what ever became of the thermal location files". I bought Winpilot Pro back when it first came out and I remember pilots working on creating likely thermal locations based on past/ others IGC files. Did anything ever become of this this endeavor?
Are they available today?
Nick
T

Thanks Matt. Please understand that I have NO complaints and did not mean to be critical of you (Skysight) or Andrej (Oudie). You have always been and continue to be unbelievably awesome. (Andrej too.) I was just expressing my frustration in not having any clear documentation or direction on how to accomplish this task that requires integration of the two products. I have ZERO complaints.
Thanks again for your quick response. We are very fortunate to have you working with us.