Old November 28th 04, 03:53 PM
Pål Næss

Kevin Darling wrote:

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...

If I had to guess, I'd guess that the simulator depicted in the 1970
National Geographic issue is one of the television-based simulators.

I think you're probably right. Or perhaps it could've been an Evans &
Sutherland prototype. I believe they were just getting started around
then.

General Electric

http://home.chello.no/~pal.nass/oldgeflightsim.jpg

I've "thumbed" through the whole article without finding any more
mention of it. Reading it is a strain on the eyes, I don't have the
paper copy, it's the entire NatGeo on CDs.

(it is the November 1970 issue, for those with a well-stocked library
nearby. Article is "Behold the computer revolution", by Peter T.
White.)