Old May 11th 05, 11:03 PM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

I think 35' was the narrowest. My comfort level depends on the wind, etc.
In calm conditions, I'd be comfortable with 10'.

Methinks you exaggerate a tad?

:-)

What's the wheelbase of your plane?

You may have me here. I was thinking about the Skylane I used to own.
I think it's track was less than 10', but a quick internet search just
now failed to find a site that listed this dimension.

I currently fly a club Arrow and its gear likely is more than 10' wide
as it at least looks a fair bit wider than the Skylane was.

So, I'll rephrase my answer to be: track + 2' in calm conditions. :-)

Matt