Old December 22nd 16, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default New Record?

Ah, yes, the white stuff. I recall the waist deep snow when I was a
member at Black Forest, and laying in the mud in the crawl space under
the club house fixing a plumbing leak. Here in NM (elevation 7,000
feet) I woke up to a dusting of snow which has changed to a drizzling
rain which will change back into snow. Still, we're looking forward to
a white Christmas.

But yes, New Zealand, Australia, Namibia would all be great!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Dan

On 12/21/2016 9:43 PM, wrote:
And here I am with our airfield covered with enough snow that I may have to assemble a team to dig a path from the gate to the clubhouse so we can load up the club G-103 in the trailer so we can take it down the valley to the maintenance shop for the annual. The closest I've come to soaring since the end of October was taking the club G-102 on the same trip in the blowing snow a few weeks ago! GRRRRRRRRR!

Damn, I wish I had the money to spend November through March in New Zealand.

That's an amazing string of days with big flights, fun to look at!

--
Dan, 5J