Old April 25th 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default 1-26 Price

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:03:35 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 3:06:11 PM UTC-4, John Foster wrote:
prices seem to be going through the roof!

Really???? in 2000 I bought my first glider, a 1-26B with an enclosed trailer
for $7000. It was flyable as you say, but tired. Stripped it down to the tubing and did a restoration and instrument upgrade after a few years. Finally sold it after about 15 years for 12,000.

Price on a 1-26 is just like price on any glass ship, if the gel coat is blown up, or blowing up on a glass ship you can get it cheaper (more expensive in the long run).

Sill a great first ship that can teach you many things, and still fun to race in one class competition.

Kevin
92
formerly 192

Your buyer got a bargain!