Old February 9th 04, 11:54 AM
Gene Seibel

Met my wife, also a pilot, on a dating website with the line 'Come fly with me'.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/

(Slav Inger) wrote in message m...
Hi all,

OK, this is going to sound really stupid at first, but bear me with me
for a second. Just came back from the Great Lakes Aviation Conference
(which was great BTW, as usual), and was pleased to see a lot of young
faces in the audience, a fair number of them women. So that got me
thinking: I for one (I'm 26) have had trouble finding members of the
opposite sex who share my interests, one of the big ones being flying.
So I thought to myself, with friend-finding and dating all going
digital, wouldn't it be neat if we had a website where aviation
enthusiasts could post ads, their locations and their preferences for
dating or just plain flying buddy finding purposes? How does that
sound? Does it sound *really* stupid or just sorta kinda out there?
Comments welcome. I work in the IT field so it wouldn't be too much
trouble for me to come up with a prototype, not to say that outside
help isn't welcome.

If I'm late to the party and something like this exists already,
please advise. :-)

- Slav Inger
- PP ASEL IA @ YIP