Old August 26th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Gas prices falling...

Iowa's state and federal combined gasoline tax is 39.5 cents, Wisconsin's is
49.5 cents... a dime different, but with the higher basis and transportation
in Wisconsin, I doubt if we'll see $2.75 here. Maybe on the eastern side of
the state, but most of the center and north western part of Wis is fed by
the Koch pipeline and fuel coming out of that pipeline is consistently ten
cents per gallon higher. Drive 20 miles east of here and you can see the
immediate change in prices.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with our ag operator. He was
discussing the fuel supply and price issues with his supplier and passed on
some interesting info.

To transport 100LL, either by pipeline or by truck, 100LL must be preceded
and followed by gasoline, no diesel, no kerosene, no jet A ect. To
transport Jet A, it must be preceded and followed by a diesel type product,
no gasoline. Mogas, diesel, kerosene can all be preceded and followed by
each other. So this creates an additional burden especially in areas of low
100LL or Jet A usage.
Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Summer is over? (vacation driving season?)

Just a guess..

Gas price this morning in Iowa City: $2.59 per gallon.

Never thought I'd be happy to see *that* price -- but it sure beats
$3.00!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA