Old February 17th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Thielert (Diesel Engines)

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
:

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

What engine computers were used in the 1940's and 1950's?

Ford PROCO. Texico was working on one in the 50's also, but I don't
recall the name. Can't recall the others.

What COMMON RAIL diesels were made in the 1940's and 1950's?

Can you name a single COMMON RAIL diesel that didn't have a computer?

Who cares? You stick any engine on the front of an airplane that needs a
battery to fly and you have an airplane I really would rather not fly.

Pretty simple really.

Bertie