Old March 31st 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper SB 1161

"Peter Clark" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:45:30 GMT,
wrote:

On 30-Mar-2006, The Visitor wrote:

Pre 83, I hope so. I read the bulletin and it mentions Seneca 4's and
5's. So why limit it to pre 83?

The SB lists possibly affected SNs for each model, rather than model year.
However, the affected ribs carry a date code of 8312 (12th week of 1982)
or
lower. Of course, airplanes built for some time after that date might
have
used older ribs in initial construction. And it's even POSSIBLE that a
newer airplane has had an older (salvage?) rib installed to repair damage.
But my guess is that the vast majority of pre-1983 Piper retracts are
affected, and the vast majority of post-1983 planes are not.

OK, hate to rain on the parade, but unless they have started re-using
or have had parts laying around for 22 years, my PA44-180, factory new
and built (reportedly) in Oct and Nov 05, is in the serial number
range for this SB. so it's not just pre-1983.