Old May 17th 05, 04:22 PM
Icebound

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ok now that I have your attention..... I fly one of those aircraft as
well. I fly Traffic survey over the skies of Washington DC.
Always one our toes below 1300 is too low and above 1500 puts us in the
Class B most of the time. ...

In the database of NASA forms ( https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/ ) there is at
least one complaint that such low-flyers are common in the DC ADIZ and often
interfere with local airports' traffic patterns.

There is some interesting reading there. There are about 100 records for
2004, devoted strictly to the DC ADIZ... everything from NMACs and gear-up
landings due to ADIZ distractions, to inadvertent penetrations because of
slow controller response or outright controller errors, to outright mistaken
identity by investigators (one guy claimed to be working in his medical
practice, at the moment he was supposedly squawking 1200 through the ADIZ).