Old April 22nd 05, 11:33 AM
Dylan Smith

In article KwZ9e.6991$c24.4078@attbi_s72, Jay Honeck wrote:
Now, the nearest kid my son's age lives several blocks away. I really feel
for the kid, cuz there just isn't any opportunity for him to play a pick-up
game of ANYTHING -- soccer, baseball, football, it doesn't matter.

Move to the city - then there'll be plenty of nearby kids. That will
always be a problem in a rural area. If you live in high-density housing
in a large city, there will always be random outdoor activities for
groups of kids.

Yet another reason kids are addicted to video games -- they can be played
alone. It's sad.

I play video games probably far too often - but seldom alone. We have
this 'intarweb' thingy that allows us to play with friends, and even
form communities, and have meetups with people not just in the same
city, but in different countries. My regular gaming friends live in
England, Finland, Germany and the Czech Republic. Unfortunately, ping
times are too bad to the US, I'd like to be able to play games with
friends over there.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net