Old November 15th 03, 03:25 AM
Tony Volk

Come on Airtime, if you want my custom in future, stop re-publishing the
same stuff !!

That's depressing. WAPJ was really great (WoF good too), but it seems
that IAPR is running out of steam with some of their recent publications.
Perhaps not surprising in that there are only so many planes to talk about,
and only so much information available to the company. I think they could
certainly make better use of experiences, comments, and stories from actual
aircrews (and even from maintenance folks). That would fill up a couple of
pages and provide another interesting aspect to the technical facts that
they present.
What was it like flying the Badger? Compared to other bombers? How
credible of a threat did they believe they posed to U.S. carrier groups?
What was their probable survivability? Any interesting emergencies, test
flights, or funny incidents? Sure, this isn't pure, hard aviation
journalism, but it would certainly help freshen up old factual material by
providing entertaining anecdotal and circumstantial information.

Tony