Old July 21st 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alan[_6_]

Default FAA regulations- Solo student is the PIC?

In article brianDG303 writes:
I hope this is a quick question. I'd like to get my commercial rating,
which requires 100 flights PIC. I bought a DG300 as a student pilot
and was so happy flying it I took 47 flights before getting the
private rating. Do those flights count?

Thanks all,
Brian

30 seconds with google found: http://flighttraining.aopa.org/student_pilot/solo/faqs/

FAR 61.51(e)(4) says, "A student pilot may log pilot-in-command time
when the student pilot
(i) Is the sole occupant of the aircraft;
(ii) Has a current solo flight endorsement as required under [FAR] 61.87; and
(iii) Is undergoing training for a pilot certificate or rating.

Alan