Old January 4th 18, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA 2018 Rules Finish Penalty

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 7:44:26 PM UTC-5, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 5:12:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 4:23:33 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
What's the point of being exacting about the finish when our turns, even on an assigned task, have literal miles of wiggle room (and are scored to the pilot's best advantage)? Surely a minor tuneup to Winscore could choose the optimum finish point for a complete task, anywhere in a 15 mile radius circle.

/s

-Evan Ludeman / T8

We do get scored to the optimum point, it just happens to be on a 1 or 2 mile radius circle. I've used that wiggle room lots of times to get a bit more distance. Gonna be a little early, finish at the side of the circle.
UH

Huh? Surely the RC chair jests.

Yep I screwed that one up
UH