Old November 3rd 03, 04:10 PM
Chris Nicholas

We used Mity or Tost weak links at each end of the cable, on
quick-release links, and changed them to suit whichever glider was next
to be launched. On high throughput evenings, when we had two K13's
doing perhaps 30 air experience flights, there was no need to change
them of course. For the tow, the truck had the main cable hooked on by a
separate towing link, to avoid the stress going through the weak link,
drogue, etc. at the truck end of the cable, so only the glider end weak
link was operative. The drogue etc. at the truck end were all left
connected, and loaded into the back of the tow truck to deliver them
back to the launch point..

Chris N.