Old November 3rd 03, 05:51 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Sorry that's Essex GC. Essex & Suffolk GC (my first club BTW, where I
learned to soar) operates a winch out of Wormingford. When at Whatfield,
two tow planes were used.

Frank Whiteley

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"John Spargo" wrote in message

Can anyone direct me to Clubs / Web sites using this method of

launching -
Interested in finding out more about this method, particularly from

clubs
that operate from gravel/dirt strips

Thank you

John Spargo

Over the years Cotswold GC and Essex & Suffok GC in the UK used this

method.
Cotswold abandoned it 2-3 years ago in favor of a winch. Not sure about E

&
S. Differently designed between sites. E & S was over engineered in my
opinion. Cotswold's system was elegant in it's simplicity. I've stowed
some images of that here.

http://www.soarcsa.org/thinking_page...ey/default.htm

Both systems were used on paved surfaces.

Frank Whiteley
Colorado