Old January 3rd 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Michael Ash

Default flaps again

In rec.aviation.student Michael wrote:
So go fly some more. Not train, fly. Go
somewhere. Enjoy the sight, sound, and feel of flying. Become one
with the airplane. Yeah, I know, it sounds more mystical that
practical, but trust me. This will work itself out.

Thank you for an excellent post. Since getting my PPL this past spring
I've occasionally felt like some of my subsequent flying time was wasted
compared to before. In training I was always learning something new. And
truly, even after I passed the checkride, I think I've done a good job of
expanding my limits without becoming reckless, and I've definitely learned
a lot since then. But sometimes when I was up there just having a little
fun I'd think somewhere in the back of my head that maybe I could be doing
more, pushing more, learning more.

You've made me realize that this time is still valuable and still makes me
a better pilot even if I'm not consciously pushing my limits. I never
hesitated about going up and just having some fun but it's good to realize
that it's still valuable experience. Thanks!

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software