Old May 20th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Andrew Sarangan

Default ILS approach and VOR Alpha Approach video

On May 19, 12:51 pm, Ross wrote:
wrote:

snip

Used my VSI as my "attitude indicator" figuring if it was level,
airplane was level. If it pointed down, then I figured my nose was
pointed down, and vice versa for pitch up.

snip

Allen

Why wouldn't you use airspeed or altitude for pitch? It responds faster.
--

When you are trying to maintain constant altitude (or constant
anything) a differential instrument is better than an absolute