Old May 21st 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default ILS approach and VOR Alpha Approach video

On May 21, 1:58*am, "Hilton" wrote:

If you're doing this in IMC, I hope you have an IVSI.

No...... For those that don't know what IVSI is, as I had to look it
up, the IVSI means Instant Vertical Speed Indicater in the above.

The VSI was only a "visual aide" to help verify the trends of my other
gauges. Once I was straight and level, the altimeter was my primary
and VSI was secondary, but a visual to show I was indeed level (thus
me calling my "attitude indicator").

Any change to the sound of my engine would prompt me to look at the
altimeter first and then my VSI, and if the VSI was pointed up, then
it was easier to see I was trending up which meant I was pitched up.
(just gave me a better visual) which of course make me make
appropriate trim settings or control input changes.

Again, my simple ways of dealing with an unusual problem, may not work
for others, but my outcome was of such it worked for me. Just a tool
in my took kit I found fit for my needs.