Old May 29th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert M. Gary

Default CFI oral intel

On May 29, 8:19*am, Dudley Henriques wrote:
gatt wrote:

The aircraft would attempt to regain and maintain the trim speed as it
descends. Whether or not it had the time to do that before ground impact
however would be dependent on the altitude remaining, so depending on
the altitude, the airspeed at impact might be short of the trim speed.

When I was a student pilot my instructor always said the plane will
seek its trim speed regardless of what you do with power settings.
I've actually never found that to be totally true in any plane I've
flown but it is grossly true.

-Robert