Old June 2nd 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

Default CFI oral intel

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:43:14 -0700, "Hilton" wrote
in :

Dudley wrote:
Any phugoid in pitch and the time line of that Phugoid will be directly
associated with the dynamic stability of that specific aircraft in pitch.

Whenever I see the word "phugoid" I think UA 232.

Hilton

I once had a former chief engineer with Burroughs demonstrate phugoid
oscillation to me by grasping a book by the top in one hand and the
bottom in the other, holding it horizontally, and tossing it into the
air so that it spun on its long axis. Behold, the top and bottom
sides of the book swapped places in mid air.