Old August 27th 09, 11:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default Test Posting - "IMGP1868sm2.jpg" 523.5 KBytes

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:44:04 +1200, "Michael"
wrote:

wrote in message
First of all, thanks for the replies.

Next, the mistakes....
I think one of you has already provided the answer to the split file; my
newsreader (NewsRover) was configured at default settings to split files
over a certain size. As a newbie to all this, I wasn't aware of that but
have ajusted the settings and will additionally try to keep the file sizes
down.

I've checked the settings for how NewsRover is set up to send files and it
should be sending them as UU, not yenc (I have no idea what either of them
mean!), but I do know some people don't like yenc and I have no wish to
upset anyone, especially as I have been enjoying looking at the pictures
on
here for a few years now.

The aircraft is a Spartan and is one of a pair which put in an appearance
at
the sunset display at Old Warden on the 15th August.

Finally, thanks for the feedback, I will always be grateful for helpful
hints.

If I can get to grips with doing this and get over my nervousness, I'll
post
a few more.

Cheers
Mark

Mark, your picture did come through in Uuencode. Unfortunately, some people
think that all multi-part files are encoded in yEnc. Glad you have sorted
out your settings in NewsRover. Look forward to some great pictures :-)

Michael

Second that!

Bob ^,,^