Old July 23rd 18, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default US team silence

“Tour de France” ala gliding. After reading the info provided here, it seems the competition is to find the best pilot performing many things OTHER than maximizing
the converting of energy mother nature provides to speed across the ground, aka Sailplane Racing. Interfacing with that energy engine and watching what others can do is what draws me to the sport. I am grateful to those who advance the science over the years and marvel at what we do.
WGC has its draw on many, but leaves doubt in my mine as who is the best individual racer. The complexity shadows the talent.
Thanks for the posts.