Old November 17th 14, 08:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

Default Excessive friction in the aiteron circuit in SZD-55

Hi JJ

I am sorry I did not answer and thanked you for your advice. I think I have not returned to the thread until now. However I am still flying the 55 having put some 500 hours on it since my initial enquiry. Also I had the glider fully refinished, so that may discount the gap. I tend to go against factory advice and wet lube the sliding guides. This has improved the situation.. There is stil more friction that I would like, but mainly at highre speeds. At thermalling speed it is just fine.

Once again, thank you for your advice and appologies for not replying more promptly. Six years is a bit long.

Cheers

paul