Old February 20th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

On Feb 19, 7:34 pm, Blanche wrote:
Velcro.

The top of my glareshield is slowly evolving to complete velcro. I've
got one of those little photo lights on a velcro strap that is placed
very conveniently on the glareshield in front of me.

Removed the ashtray years ago and now have a battery-powered
'ash light' (no, this isn't an ad).

You have to be careful when saying those words aloud.

Frankly, flashlights are the least of my worries at night or IFR.

(small maglight in pocket next to me, big D cell maglight under the
seat, etc)

I tried the clipboard concept - not practical when there's really
not enough room in my lap (I need to sit close, short legs).

Timer, with velcro on the back, on the glareshield. But I really like
the clock in the aircraft with the second hand. Dealing with setting
and resetting the digital clock is a pain when trying to do multiple
things.

Velcro seems to be a common theme here! What a great invention!
Anyone remember those old David Letterman shows where he played
"Velcro Man" (am I remembering this right?). He donned a velcro suit,
jumped on a trampoline, and then stuck to a velcro wall. Anyway, I
thought it was funny.

Thanks Blanche!