Old February 20th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

On Feb 18, 8:33 pm, wrote:
What methods do you deploy? How many folks use a kneeboard? What
kind of timer (analog or digital stopwatch) do you use, and where do
you put it? Where do you keep the charts, approach plates, and
scratch paper? How many people write down every clearance, heading,
altitude and frequency change? How do you keep from dropping your pen
(or pencil)? Is it on a string? Where do you put in when not in
use? Velcro? Your pocket?

I've read the books, but I just wonder how people cope in real life.
Rod Machado talks about using a clipboard (with extra clips on the 3
other sides) in his excellent training manual. This seems like a good
idea to me.

Steve
PP ASEL
Instrument student

Thanks to everyone who offered up so many great ideas! This seems to
be a very individual thing, but it's great to have so many workable
ideas to choose from.

I've only been posting for less than a week, but I have found this
group to be invaluable! It's amazing to me that so many folks with
common interests are willing to provide thoughtful responses to a
perfect stranger (me)! I really appreciate it!