Old November 23rd 04, 11:17 PM
jls

"Scott" wrote in message
Another good book related to cross-country flying is "The Cannibal
Queen" by Stephen Coonts. Stearman barnstorming across USA with his son.

Scott

Yeah, I read Coonts' book and it was right good. That was 10 or so years
ago and my memory of it now is faded except for his error describing the
Ford Flivver in the EAA museum at Oshkosh as authentic rather than a
reproduction. IIRC, the Midland, MI chapter assembled the Flivver from some
very hard-to-find drawings --- no original Flivver having survived. I also
got a kick out of Coonts complaining about every time he made a bad landing
in the Queen and how the aging varicose-legged sandal-wearing hippies in
Boulder irritated him.

I got to the wild pre-winter-rebuild landing of the Buck boys' wild daddy in
the PA-11 whereupon my library renewal ran out and I had to turn the book
in. I'll go back and check it out again and no I won't tell you where it
is because you'll try to sneak in ahead of me. Last I remember the boys
were going to hook the Cub to a truck and tow it tail-first to the barn for
re-covering and their big trip across the continent.