Old August 2nd 05, 12:58 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jeroen Wenting" jwenting at hornet dot demon dot nl wrote in message
Wrong, very wrong.

You are funny.

At least in the scenario of MSFS the fps counter bears no relation to what
your videocard puts out.

The MSFS frame counter does do a moving average, as I mentioned earlier.
But that doesn't mean it's not related to what the video card puts out. It
just means the information isn't instantaneous.

Just like almost every other program that displays a frame rate, all that
the MSFS frame rate counter is doing is watching how many flips the graphics
card can do in a set length of time. I know this for a fact. This is
EXACTLY the frame rate of the video card.

If it did you'd see it reflect stutters, but it doesn't

Actually, it does. Depending on how severe the stutter is, you will easily
see the drop in the frame rate on the MSFS frame rate counter.

In any case, all of this is irrelevant to your original false claim (as
opposed to your more recent false claims) that "stutters have nothing to do
with framerates". You didn't restrict your claim to the frame rate counter
displayed in MSFS, and so asserting after the fact that that's the counter
your statement applies to is just so much backpedaling (even if your
qualified claim were true, and it's not either).

Pete