Old April 10th 04, 05:25 PM

Brad Z wrote:

Semi-related question: Can vectors be issued for this type of approach? In
addition to the verbiage of "vectors for the approach" it was mentioned that
ATC is required to specify distance from the FAF. Can ATC just provide a
vector to intercept the approach course and provide distance to the missed
approach point / Airport / navaid? I've only flown one or two of these as
full practice approaches, so I'm curious if there was anything different

Well, you have built-in "DME" if you're using GPS to fly this type of approach,
so you would know when you're within 10 miles. Bigger question is whether the
TAC facility would have this type of IAP video mapped for vectors.