Old September 13th 03, 02:38 AM
Aerophotos

sound like US Navy G- jackets

how ironic

flying over arab land wearing arab clothing

oh the irony

probly made by terrorists to

Tex Houston wrote:

"Mike Yared" wrote in message
from http://www.washtimes.com/national/inring.htm
Buy Pakistani?
The Pentagon is about to waive "buy American" provisions of U.S. law

and
allow Pakistan to provide the goatskin leather used in the distinctive

U.S.
aviator bomber jackets. The Defense Department has notified a U.S. leather
tanner that it will waive provisions of the law known as the Berry

Amendment
that requires the Pentagon to buy key components from U.S. manufacturers.

In
April, the Pentagon announced it would buy 12,000 to 30,000 of the brown,
fur-collared bomber jackets over the next several years.

I'm around the USAF a lot and I don't remember any such item as a brown
fur-collared bomber jacket as current issue. A-2 aircrew jacket maybe but I
think someone is describing a WWII item.

Tex