Old December 23rd 19, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 8:33:12 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Hypothetical situation:
Same condition
Same trailer
Same instruments and accessories
Which is the better ship for strong western thermal racing conditions?
Why?
Thanks in advance for those in the know!

I found myself faced with the same question three years ago between the Ventus 2b and the ASW27b. I had several friends with the ASW27, so I was inclined to buy a 27 too. After sitting in both cockpits, I found the Ventus 2b to be much more comfortable for my size - 6' 1" and 185lbs. I had much more leg room in the Ventus 2b and actually had to pull the pedals towards me for a comfortable fit. In the 27, I had to push the pedals out all the way and still couldn't extend my legs completely. So my decision was easy strictly based on comfort for long flights.

Michael 8U