Old December 23rd 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

On Monday, December 23, 2019 at 8:00:45 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Over a Beer ( surprising huh ) with Mocho he mentioned the 27B water ballast tanks. He said if they get a leak you have to tear into the wing to fix them.
Are they prone to leaking?

Nick- My memory of that conversation (and those beers) is that I said the Ventus tanks sometimes need that kind of repair. I know of two Ventuses that had to have leaky tanks fixed. Never heard of the problem with the ASW-27.