Old February 15th 20, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default iGlide

Wade G wrote on 2/14/2020 9:52 PM:
No engine noise level with iGlide sadly. I fly a ASH-26e and have inquired about this. I really like iGlide but all of my flights using it are not qualified for OLC.

I also use iGlide in a 26E. iGlide isn't alone in this regard, as none of the
software supplied flight computers detect engine noise level (ENL). It's not a
problem for me, as I can upload an IGC file from my Flarm or my vario. I say it's
time for you to do an instrument upgrade: get a Flarm, a vario with ENL, or a IGC
flight recorder that has ENL. All of these will add other useful features than
just the OLC capability, somewhat mitigating the additional cost.