Old August 5th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:23:16 -0700 (PDT), Victor Bravo
wrote:
There have been several inflight wing separations on a common aircraft
design.

VB, in an earlier post I believe you specifically stated there were 5 such
accidents and I asked if you had references to them as I can only find 2
such accidents in the U.S. NTSB database (I provided the NTSB database
links).

Again, it would be exceedingly helpful if you could direct me to either the
NTSB reports I'm overlooking or press accounts of the 3 other accidents you
are claiming.

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
From what I understand, at least one "wing related crash" was a Czech
aircraft works plane. Of the other 2, one had a rear spar bolt not
installed, or incorrectly installed(and fell out) Another had a
hardware store bolt in a critical wing attach application.

Clare, you are claiming 3 such accidents. Again, I only have information on
2. The NTSB said the probable cause for one of those was flight into IMC
followed by control overstress, and for the other the probable cause was
structural failure for reasons unknown. No mention of substandard or
incorrectly installed hardware in the narratives or probable cause.

In fact in the second case the wing spars remained attached to the fuselage
- but the engine was heard to have been changing RPM repeatedly just prior
to wing failure.

So if you have references for a third such accident (e.g. foreign press
reports) that would help.