Old February 2nd 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MaD

Default LS-4 Trim Lock coming loose with stick deflection?

On 1 Feb., 13:57, Andy wrote:
I find it hard to believe that a trim system that allows uncommanded
changes in the stick force gradient could ever have been
certificated. *Does anyone else believe the trim system was designed
to slip in this way? *Are any other gliders designed to have a trim
system that slips?

Andy- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

When new, the trim does (did) not slip on our clubs LS4s. After a few
years, they tend to do so and can be adjusted to a certain extent as
someone else described.
It can normally be adjusted so it holds with full backward stick, but
not so full forward. Luckily or coincidentally that's the safer way
round.

Marcel