Old July 9th 20, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default liability insurance

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 7:48:10 AM UTC-7, LOV2AV8 wrote:
I had a partner in an LS8 that was 79 when we purchased it. We were told by Costello that if he was already 80 he would be uninsurable but since he was 79 they could but if he cancelled he would be unable to renew.

Randy "AV8"

There's no FAR that requires insurance. Or any State law as far as I know. It's not clear to me that insurance is 'worth it'. I've had glider insurance for 40 years and never made a claim. Maybe a good lawyer could protect assets, eg by transfer to children? And I believe retirement funds (like 401Ks) are immune from lawsuits.