Old November 19th 03, 09:41 PM
phil hunt

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:20:50 -0500, Cub Driver wrote:

I get an image of someone throwing a Storm Shadow out the
back of an A400M.

During the Falklands War, the Argies put bombs aboard a transport and
rolled them out the back in an ineffectual attempt to bomb the QE2.
They didn't come near it, but they did send her scurrying back to
England. Or so a crewman on the boat told me.

I heard a variant of that story -- they were using a Hercules to
bomb British troop positions. The Argies were using dumb bombs, but
modern ordnance such as Storm Shadow can guide itself, which makes
it a more practical proposition.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).