Old August 6th 05, 04:21 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news:vSVIe.563$rY.171@trndny03...

The lie was that his mouth connected him to it. He never claimed to have
had anything to do with it other than voting for the original
appropriation.

Actually, he claimed quite a bit more than that:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range
of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic
growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational
system."

Al Gore, on CNN's "Late Edition" program March 9th, 1999.