Old June 8th 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default William C Holbrook

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 12:49:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
William C Holbrook passed away peacefully last night at the age of 98. He was a long time family friend, professional pilot and holder of many soaring records. Also a member of the SSA hall of fame.
He and my father, Ed Byars, had a long friendship and contributed much to the art of soaring with their Soaring Symposiums.

Condolences and best wishes to Mr. Holbrook's family and friends. I just came across my signed copy of "Soaring Cross Country" and marveled at how the sport has progressed. Ed and Bill were leaders in making that happen. Respects to all.
Craig
JN