Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 10:00:35 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 9:14:50 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 6:12:27 AM UTC-8, Urban Mäder wrote:
On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 8:23:00 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Moshe,

Only TIS-B has position uncertainty from the imprecision of SSR, which varies with the distance from the radar station. Both ADS-R and TIS-B have some position error from delay introduced by the reception-processing-rebroadcast sequence. ADS-B is not designed for close proximity collision warning - it's more a traffic separation tool - 5 miles and 1000 feet. I believe you can get ADS-R/TIS-B traffic alerts at, say, 1 mile, depending on on your display.
Yes. We will try enabling traffic alerts for ADS-R, but I'm a bit reluctant since correctly detecting tow trains may be hard, given the (uncertain) time delay.

Honestly, the dual-ADS-B setup in the US - of which ADS-R/TIS-B is the consequence - is a surprisingly complex beast. We're thus happy to hear your feedback, preferably with IGC log files sent along to .

Thanks
- Urban

The Benefit for upgrading to 7.03 is that the annual update is reset.

FLARM uses a rolling release cycle, requiring an annual update. Each update can be applied anytime during a rolling one-year period. This makes it easier to align FLARM firmware updates with the yearly aircraft maintenance. It is also in line with the maintenance care that a safety system requires.

The ADS-R and TIS-B reception is important to be able to receive aircraft that have UAT instead of 1090ES or that have no ADS-B Out at all.

You can purchase at:

http://www.craggyaero.com/powerflarm_core1.htm

Happy New Year

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

So if I have a core and no ads out, do I still have to purchase to do the annual update?

No you don't have to purchase anything the firmware update is always free.

Yes get the update or your Flarm will not work after the 1 year update cycle. Update is free

Read the following information carefully to ensure that your device is always kept serviceable.

FLARM uses a rolling release cycle, requiring an annual update. Each update can be applied anytime during a rolling one-year period. This makes it easier to align FLARM firmware updates with the yearly aircraft maintenance. It is also in line with the maintenance care that a safety system requires.

As the update cycle is individual, no generic information is sent out on individual firmware expiration dates.

Sign up now for our Newsletter to be informed when new and important firmware is released. You can do this in the Newsletter box at the bottom of the sidebar to the right. After clicking on the link in the email that you will receive, you will also receive information about other upcoming releases introducing additional features.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com