Old May 5th 21, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default Too much air in the gas tank??

On Wednesday, 5 May 2021 at 15:39:57 UTC+1, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2021 06:22:15 -0700, Eric Greenwell wrote:

On 5/5/2021 12:20 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:

These are the projects that deserve critical examination, not rave
reviews in glossy magazines.

One that comes close to this is the Alauda Airspeeder
https://alaudaracing.com/

This was a 1/3 scale prototype was built and flown, but crashed, thanks
to poorly thought systems which were also badly implemented. There's an
AAIB report about it, which is worth reading as an object lesson on how
not to develop a prototype aircraft:

AAIB investigation to Alauda Airspeeder Mk II, (UAS, registration n/a)
040719
https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib...da-airspeeder-
mk-ii-uas-registration-n-slash-a-040719
--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Interesting. My only previous knowledge of this accident was a regional TV news item, with a brief description, and including a photo from ~8000' in controlled airspace.

It brings to mind an old semi-famous comment by a gliding instructor about a certain aircraft: Fly it? I wouldn't walk under it..