Old October 9th 05, 02:57 AM
John T

Maybe I should clarify what the project is. I have a cochlear implant
(do a google search....some of you at the Oshkosh RAP party may have
noticed a "wire sticking out of my head" (not really...just from the
magnetic headpiece)). To hear the radio, I just make a direct connection
from the planes headset jack to my belt worn, external processor. I have
a setting that is 100% input from this auxilary jack, thus only the
radio comes through.

Now, what I want, is basically a headset with a boom mike, much like
those lightweight, wire-like headsets being offered these days for mucho
bucks, but with only the boom mike. I contacted a couple of these
manufacturers, one was willing to try, but he misunderstood that I
didn't need the audio jack and volume control, and qouted me for that. I
asked for a corrected qoute, but never heard back from him.

Anyway, I'm thinking of designing a boom mike only headset. That is my
project. First thing is to find the microphone, then design a thin arm,
elbow (or whatever you call the part where the boom meets the headset),
and headband. Not only would this save room in my flight back, but look
really, really cool!

I have also thought of buying a computer headset, but I don't think
their mikes are geared for a high noise enviorment.

John