Old January 16th 13, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default USA and FAI rules

Mr. Ray Galloway (P1) asked for me to post the following note:

There has been much discussion over the differences between the FAI rules and the US rules. This is partly due to the fact that the US is the only country that does not follow FAI rules.

At the 1985 WGC the US team was among the top contenders. In 2010 WGC, the last year that figures are available, we were 23 out of 24. In 25 years we have gone from near the top to next to last.

There is one indisputable fact---they are wining and we are losing. Maybe we should consider joining the rest of the world.

Thanks for any help.