Old April 10th 05, 04:00 PM
Dan Luke

...refused to fly with someone you felt was not entirely safe? (With
that person acting as PIC, not as a passenger in your own plane.)

Oh, yeah.

An acquaintence of mine owns a twin. His idea of recurrent ME training
is to get a BFR from a good ol' boy CFI buddy who will sign his book
after a sight-seeing tour followed by a couple of beers.

Insurance? That's for suckers.

Maintenance? Hell, it flies, doesn't it? He's got another good ol' boy
who does his annuals.

I'm convinced that if he lost these good ol' boy connections, he'd
simply stop bothering with the paperwork and keep on flying. I can kind
of understand his attitude--he's pushing 70 and single--but no way I'd
fly with him.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM