Old October 24th 05, 05:52 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

"AJ" wrote in message
ups.com...

I took my daughter to Linden Airport (that's in New Jersey). We stood
with a small crowd at the fence on the shopping mall side as planes
took off and landed. (This is where I got my interest in flying many
years ago.)

Presently a mall security truck drove up and the guard told us to
disperse because we were breaking the law. When one woman asked what
law, he seemed at a loss for a moment, then muttered "national
security." He then said he was calling the police. He drove away,
glaring at us.

The police never came, but the guard came back, more belligerent than
before. Now he started shouting at the crowd and reaching for his
baton. I told him, "You hit me, and my lawyer will eat you for
breakfast." The rest of the crowd stood nearby, watching as he stared
hard at me. The "guard" put the baton away and backed up to his truck.
He said "I'm calling the police" again and drove away.

I wonder how many kids who could have grown up into pilots have been
chased away by this slug and others like him.

Did you advise mall management that there was an idiot posing as mall
security?