Old December 20th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: budget audio vario

also of interest (perhaps not from a budget point of view) is the new
digital voice vario by Triadis - see
http://www.triadis.ch/index.php?produkte

I have their voice system (TR-DVS) for Flarm and it works really well.

Sven Olivier
EY

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:52:21 UTC, "JS"
wrote:

: Look for a used Borgelt B-40. It's being replaced by the B-400 and no
: longer made, but a very good instrument with 9v battery backup.
: There are others, but more expensive. You could find a used Cambridge
: L- or S- NAV and have much more instrument for the same price.

Thanks for the tips. I suspect, though, that anything ending -nav will
be out of my budget, which is about a hundred quid (one and a half
hundred dollars...)!

Ian