Old December 2nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default New winch height record

Del C wrote:

You don't say what engine you have in your Tost winch
John, but ours are fitted with powerful 8.2 litre,
410hp Chevy marine engines. Except for the very heaviest

Frankly, I don't know. It's a gas engine with I guess something like 300
or 350hp. We can definitely slow down the engine when pulling the stick
hard back in a two seater. With a single seater, the winch driver must
winch with reduced power, but then the pilot has some control again,
slowing down the winch when pulling.