Old March 13th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On Mar 12, 5:55*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 3/12/2010 3:35 PM, wrote:

On Mar 12, 5:21 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

That's just simply not true. You say your willing to learn. Just read
the regulations already.

Thats your opinion Mark.

What's my opinion?

READ what you said above. You said above that I am not willing to
learn. That is your opinion which sadly is wrong.

Now that it's been brought out I can descend below MDA before MAP,
fine and dandy, I have only stated what I was taught no matter how
incorrect it may have been. I was taught dive and drive to MDA and no
lower until missed.

I don't intend to start descending below MDA before MAP now just
because YOU and others say FARS says it's perfectly ok.. See my
response to Sam.

MDA at my airport KMBO is just above 500 AGL. I am not going to do a
circle to land below MDA before MAP even if I have the airport in
sight clear from the VOR.