Old June 1st 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Orienting the Approach.

On May 31, 5:09*pm, brian whatcott wrote:
On transfer from a Class C approach controller to a Class D tower
facility under the umbrella, I got the following direction yesterday
when flying in from the west:

"Fly a right downwind to runway 17L , clear to land."

* Got the picture?
What is the first turn direction?
On which runway do you turn final from base?

:-)

Brian W

Wooops, maybe the handoff something got jagged up on where you were in
relation to the airport.

No question about it, I would have gotten a clarification from ATC
before initiating the approach as I can't imagine they wanting you to
cross mid field for 17L

On your last question, you are only cleared for 17L so it's not a
matter of which runway.