Old July 22nd 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default US Airspace and Airport Information

Hi Soartech,

That is a good idea. However, the images available in Google Earth may be 1
to 10 years old (or something like that) - so don't assume they are current.

Paul Remde

"Soartech" wrote in message

Downloading the Airport Listing (.CUP file format) If planning a cross
country be sure to (check-mark) and download the Google Earth .KML file with
it. Then look closely at every "airport" on your intended path. I found one,
Roses Field, that is now divided into 4 fields by wire fences!
I'm sure there are many more that are unusable.